Saturday, April 24, 2010

assignment 4-1

Here we ago again, with the release of the iPad, many are scurrying to get their hands on the new device created by Apple. This is just another example of how technology keeps advancing. I am not one who is into a bunch of high tech devices and don’t know what is so special about the iPad. According to Apple’s website the iPad is the next best thing to view pictures, email, and videos. But as many of us know, there are several devices that do that, like the iPhone.
Over the years technology has grown and handheld devices that can do many things are becoming more popular. To me, the iPhone does many of the same things that that iPad does, but the iPad does not have the capability of texting and calling someone. The iPad is supposed to be compared to a net book, which is a smaller version of a laptop. The iPad only weighs about one and a half pounds and has a 9.7 inch touch screen (apple.com). The cool thing about the iPad is that you don’t have a keyboard, you just type on the screen if need be.
The iPad combines many different devices into one and is very appealing to those who like devices that do many things. The iPad has applications much like the iPod touch, iTunes, maps, iBooks, and allows you to get online, view and send emails. With this device, you would not need to carry any other device. No more fumbling in your purse (if you have one) to find your iPod to listen to music or your net book to email your friends or colleagues. The iPad has been developed to make lives easier and to have a lightweight device to carry around that does almost everything. Compared to my laptop, it probably is much easier to carry around and is a lot lighter. I hate carrying my laptop with me, it weighs a lot.
The only concern I would have with the iPad is its durability. If something happens to the screen, like you drop it; is it like the iPhone screen, which is not able to be repaired. While the iPad sounds very interesting and would meet many of my needs, I am not sure I would want to spend money on something that I could damage fairly easily; it looks so fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment